Kidzklub @ International Communication Association (ICA) Annual Conference
Dates: Friday 22nd May – Monday 25th May 2020
Kidzklub is open 8 am til 6 pm daily
Venue: Gold Coast Convention & Exhibition Centre, 2684 -2690 Gold Coast Highway, Broadbeach.
We invite you to read the below Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to find out more.
- +Children’s Program - Onsite
- Daily Program
Open 8 am closes 6 pm
Morning session 8am – 1pm
Afternoon Session 1pm – 6pm
Each session costs $40 AUD and children can only book in for 1 session per day.
Each day the rooms will be set up with an extensive range of arts and crafts, games, an area to play active games and a chill out zone. The kids will get to know our awesome staff and each other quickly and easily through interactive group games and the warm vibe that Kidzklub brings.
Some specific activities included are:
Giant connect 4, lego and stick build, toy cars and books.
Ball games, hula hoops, totem tennis and moon hoppers.
Mask making, hamma beading, make a tigers eye mobile or a pet rock.
Clay workshop with coloured polymer clay.
Make a key ring/bag tag
And much more!!
- +Excursions - Offsite
OPTIONAL EXCURSIONS FOR CHILDREN AGES 5+
New this year, ICA has coordinated optional excursions via KidzKlub Australia that parents may “add on” to their childcare registration. These are separate programs/fees from the onsite childcare program and will be offered both Saturday and Sunday in half day and full day options for children ages 5-12 years old.
You should not register your child for both an onsite childcare session and an excursion on any given day – you register/pay for one or the other.
- For children ages 5-12 years old
- Tentatively scheduled for Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th May: KidzKlub requires a minimum of five children to be registered to host an excursion, if less than five children register by the deadline, the event will be cancelled and Kidzklub Australia will refund the associated fees.
Full Day option ($250 per child): Currumbin Wildlife and Fauna Park with High Ropes Course
Participants must be able to comfortably reach 160cm to enter. To measure your child, stand with flat feet on the ground and raise arms above head with hands outstretched. Measure from the ground to the middle of the palm of the hand.
Half day option ($170 per child): Ten pin bowling
The Excursion Fees include:
- All food and drinks
- Admission Fees
- Transfers – private charter
- Supervision – 1 staff member : 5 children
No meals are provided, parents are responsible for sending children with a packed lunch if the child is eating their meal while attending the program.
Please avoid foods that are well known for causing allergic reactions as some children may suffer with food allergies.
ICA will provide morning and afternoon light snacks and refreshments via the Gold Coast Convention & Exhibition Centre catering.
The Kidzklub catering will be in the Kidzklub area where your children will remain fully supervised.
For excursions offsite Kidzklub will pack healthy snacks and lunch will be purchased at some of the venues
- +What is Kidzklub Australia’s Experience?
- Kidzklub Australia has been providing Children’s Entertainment, Babysitting Clubs and Mobile Crèche Services to companies for 15 years up and down the East Coast of Australia and have a trusted reputation of providing high quality services at all times.
Kidzklub Australia are an experienced, professional team of teachers and childcare workers with a passion for creating fun, safe environments for children of all ages. We recognise the importance of our role and the responsibility given to us by the parents and adhere strictly to the national guidelines for work place health and safety in childcare, have a thorough policy and procedures manual and detailed compliance documents, maintain regular servicing our equipment, purchase child safe nontoxic craft products where possible and promise a high standard of hygiene at all times.
All staff have working with children checks and first aid certification.
- +Who else uses Kidzklub Australia for their Events?
- KidzKlub Australia is a nationally operating company who works with many private and corporate clients to improve outcomes for planned conferences, festivals, product launches, expos or corporate family events.
Mitre 10 • Elements of Byron • AMP • Platinum Electricians • Ngunya Jarjum Network • Bakers Delight • Department of Health and Human Services • BT Financial Group • Conference Magic • The Association Specialists • BankVic • Splendour in the Grass • Exclusive Tyre Distributors • Public Health Palliative Care and many more.
- +What is the Cost and Hours of Operation?
- The Kidzklub service is $40 per session (morning or afternoon) for the 4-day conference for all registered delegates of the conference.
- Excursions are an optional extra and are not included in the session cost. $250 per full day and $170 per half day.
- We are open from 8am til 6.00pm
- Morning tea and afternoon tea is fully catered.
- +How do I Book?
- Bookings are to be made directly through Kidzklub Australia by using their online form which can be found here:
Please fill out a booking form for each child in your family.
- +Can I cancel my booking?
Parents who wish to cancel their booking can do so by emailing Kidzklub Australia via our website. Please note the following cancellation policy applies:
• Any booking cancelled 28 days or more prior to the commencement date will not incur a cancellation fee.
• Any booking cancelled between 14 and 27 days prior to the commencement date will incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the total booking cost.
• For any booking cancelled 13 days or less prior to the commencement date, no refund will be given, and the full amount is payable.
- +Can I drop my kids off on the day without pre-booking?
- It is not recommended, although we may have a limited capacity to accept children without a booking. Please note that there is a strict child to carer ratios which must be met. The ability to accept children without a booking will be dependent on these ratios being met.
- +What do we bring?
- Everything is supplied. A light jumper or cardigan and comfortable shoes for playing are recommended. Water will be supplied but feel free to bring a labeled water bottle.
INFANT CARE: Parents, please bring diaper-changing supplies, formula/baby food, and a change of clothes.
If you pack snacks for your children please ensure they are not in the high allergy category.
Please label all personal items.
Please do not bring phones, ipads, laptops or gaming devices.
Please do not bring toys from home unless needed for comfort.
- +Additional Information.
- Children are to be signed in on arrival and out by the parent or guardian at the end of the care session (Parent or Guardian ID maybe requested by the crèche manager).
Parents are required to remain onsite at the Conference and provide 2 mobile phone numbers to Kidzklub Australia so they are easily contactable.
Parents and / or guardians must remain contactable at all times (on mobile).
The same parent and / or guardian must return to collect their child. Children will not be released to anyone else.
KidzKlub staff can refuse to provide care at their own discretion.
Please note any parents who are late to collect their child will be charged $8 per 5 minutes overtime.
- +What if my child is unwell or unsettled?
- To help ensure that ICA Conference Creche is a positive experience for all, we ask that if your child becomes unsettled that you take them out of the Creche room until they are again settled. We appreciate your understanding that an unsettled child could impact others. Should a child become unwell or upset during the time of care, parents and guardians will be contacted and the child will need to be collected. Staff will do everything possible to make your child feel safe and happy as you make your way back to the Creche.
- +Who can I talk to if I have more questions?
- All enquiries relating to the Kidzklub should be directed to Kidzklub Australia. When calling please advise that your enquiry is related to ICA Conference Creche.
Kidzklub Australia Manager